Learn simple yet powerful movements to improve your health with movement expert Jana Danielson in this special BYOG Party.
In this engaging discussion on using spinal mobility exercises as medicine for your body, Jana explains how movement and breathing work together to oxygenate the body and reduce stress. When we hold our breath, it triggers our sympathetic nervous system, preparing for danger. Deep belly breathing sends a signal of safety, allowing muscles to relax.
She then outlines the natural curves and mobility of the spine, which should move in 5 ways daily:
- Spinal flexion (rounding forward)
- Spinal extension (arching back)
- Lateral flexion (side bending)
- Inversion (tailbone higher than heart)
Next, Jana leads us through sample spinal exercises on the floor and in a chair:
- Diaphragmatic breathing - Expands the belly on inhale, tightens on exhale. Fills the body with oxygen.
- Spinal flexion - Tucks tailbone, eliminates arch in low back. Strengthens core.
- Spinal extension - Lifts chest, creates space between vertebrae. Opens up body emotionally.
- Rotation - Twists spine with control. Massages organs.
- Lateral flexion - Reaches sideways with straight spine. Engages obliques.
- Inversion - Raises hips in bridge. Irrigates spine with fluid.
She emphasizes doing these slowly, subtly, and with focus on form - quality over quantity. Just 5 minutes a day can make a HUGE difference!
Jana closes by encouraging us to see our body as a masterpiece and remain patient with its ebbs and flows. Small hiccups signal a need to pause, listen, and respond.
You can experience these exercises firsthand, in her online course Renew Your Body: Movement is Medicine. It contains guided exercise videos plus mini lessons to turn information into education and wisdom for your body.
Jana Danielson is an award-winning wellness entrepreneur who through her own experience with physical pain turned her mess into her message which has now become her mission.
She is an Amazon International Best Selling Author, Founder of Lead Pilates and Lead Integrated Health Therapies and the Metta District, her online wellness community.
Jana is the host of the Medicine of Mindset Summit and a member of the Holistic Leadership Council. She is also the creator of the Cooch Ball, the world’s first patented pelvic floor fitness tool for women.
Jana has coached and consulted with tens of thousands of women from all over the world to help improve their quality of life, their confidence, and their impact in this world.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The purpose of this is to convey information and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any condition and is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice. All participants are advised to consult a qualified health professional regarding health concerns. Neither the author or publisher of this program takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person reading or following the information in this program. All participants should consult their qualified health professional before beginning any new supplement or health-related program, especially those taking prescription medications, over-the-counter medications, or supplements.